BUFFALO BEAN SOUP
- 1lb bag of dry 15 or 16 Bean Soup mix, rinsed and drained, toss the ham flavor packet
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, or about 4 chopped fresh tomatoes, with juices
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1lb chicken breast or tenderloins
- 6 cups water
- 1T salt
- 1/4c or more hot sauce (I prefer Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce for the mild buttery flavor)
- a slow-cooker
- 10-minutes of prep time, 6 hours of cooking time, and 10-minutes of finishing time
Throw it all in a slow-cooker. Cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until beans are soft and chicken is falling apart. Using a set of tongs and a fork, shred the chicken. Taste, and add more hot sauce and/or salt as desired.
Curl up with a bowl and have yourself a wonderful winters day.
3.5 quarts, or 7 2-cup servings
Each serving: 330 calories, 31g fiber, $1.15
What's your favorite winter food?